The Labor Department says weekly unemployment benefit applications dropped 5,000 to a seasonally adjusted 330,000.
Phil Mickelson says he should have kept his opinions on taxes to himself.
Nevada’s unemployment has dropped to 10.2% in December. Officials with the state Department of Employment, Rehabilitation and Training say the number is down from 10.8% in November.
Nearly 25,000 Nevadans are being notified that their jobless benefits will be cut off after this week unless Congress acts by Tuesday to extend federal emergency unemployment compensation.
Nevada inmates are collecting millions of dollars in unemployment benefits while sitting in their cells, according to a state audit report released Thursday.
Nevada businesses on average will pay $77 more per employee in state unemployment insurance taxes next year to try to shore up the state’s jobless benefits trust fund that was exhausted during the Great Recession as a record number of workers lost their jobs.
Thousands of Nevadans will lose jobless benefits at the end of the year unless Congress votes to extend federal assistance.
Unemployment in Nevada has dropped to its lowest point since May 2009.
There is a new breed of truthers on the right. Joining the paranoid ranks of the advocates of a government role in 9-11 and the birthers fascination with President Obama’s birth certificate are conservatives that believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is making up jobs numbers to benefit President Obama.
Today, Republicans feel a combination of confusion, disbelief, and anger as to how a slim majority of Americans can possibly want four more years of the Obama administration in the White House. To many, it seems inconceivable that people want to take a chance on more of the same.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... CBS Radio Golf Classic Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Memorial Day Gallery
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)