Travel & Outdoors
Whether you enjoy relaxing by the lake or action-packed wakeboarding, Lake Powell has it all. This is a perfect place to enjoy almost 2,000 miles of shoreline while taking a break from it all in a beautiful setting.
Death Valley National Park awaits adventurous souls with the perfect example of desolation at its finest. Though the park does have two areas that provide gasoline, try to eat and fuel up outside of the park whenever possible if you’re on a budget.
There isn’t a bad dive shop in the Las Vagas area. These shop owners love the water, the adventure and bringing more divers into the fold. It’s the little personal touches at these area shops that make the breathtaking world of water accessible to anyone. Check out the top shops in Las Vegas Valley for the best lessons, instructors and facilities this area has to offer.
Las Vegas’ desert location doesn’t mean the area lacks stunning picnic sites. From duck ponds and fishing to romantic desert views, this city has just the right picnic hideaway for every basket. Enjoy the little spot just outside of town where mountain goats come join dinner, but be sure not to miss out on the most stunning picnic locales in the neighborhood.
The natural wonder of the Grand Canyon lures millions of tourists from around the world every year to Arizona. Las Vegas is about 250 miles away, making this the perfect weekend getaway for locals who need to stand in awe of nature for a day or two. Pack up the car, stash a bit of cash and hit the road for a visit to one of the most stunning marvels the area has to offer.
Whether you’re pushing away from the blackjack table or sneaking away from the office, playing tennis in Vegas is a must. This city boasts some of the country’s best tennis facilities, perfect for seasoned pros and novices without a day of play under their belts. Las Vegas’ best tennis courts and clubs won’t disappoint.
Taking in all the world famous Las Vegas Valley has to offer doesn’t have to be limited to the strip. Hop in the car and head out for one of the five best and most picturesque drives Las Vegas has to offer. The beauty of the adventure lies in the fact that not one of these drives goes more than 35 miles from Vegas, making them ideal day trips.
Not only does playing basketball provide an excellent work out, it’s a lot cheaper and more fun than running on the treadmill in the gym. Get together with friends before work for a few hoops or snag a spot on a team of strangers at the end of the day at the city’s best pick-up basketball locations.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)