Las Vegas offers beautiful scenery for rock climbers and outdoor adventurers. Here’s where to get the best gear.
It’s no surprise to the locals that Las Vegas is a great place for families come summer. With everything from saltwater shark reefs to secret gardens in the city, air-conditioned options abound when temperatures start to rise. The best spots to spend a summer day boast family friendly memories that’ll last a lifetime.
As the city gathers around the Las Vegas Valley to watch fireworks displays, find the finest viewing locations this city has to offer to make Independence Day truly special for you and yours. There’s need to fight the crowds on the Las Vegas Strip; nothing beats these locations for watching this year’s fireworks. Give your family a 4th of July celebration like none other this year.
Believe it or not, there is water in the desert, and as the temperature heats up, Las Vegas residents flock to the cool, refreshing waters of the city’s best pools and waterparks. Nobody needs a pool in the back yard. When it comes time for a whole day of family fun, pack up the water wings and hit the city’s best water-soaked options for fun ranging from water polo to tunnels through shark-filled aquariums.
If you are welcoming a new little bundle of joy into your family, it doesn’t have to be a stressful, scary experience. While information, and often unsolicited advice abounds, nothing beats the city’s most knowledgeable teachers when it comes to the world of babies. Whether this is your first baby or your last, the city’s best new-baby classes boast a bit of everything — from natural births to breastfeeding — for every expectant parent.
Las Vegas residents know that the real city excitement is not found on the strip. Nevada is home to some of the most beautiful outdoor areas in the country, including gorgeous Lake Mead. Lake Mead Recreation Area is just a quick 30-minute drive from the lights and bustle of Las Vegas Boulevard. If you are looking for a great day outing for your family, or even a relaxing weekend of camping, Lake Mead is a perfect destination.
In a lot of ways, a dog’s perfect day is a lot like your perfect day: It involves delicious food, pampering, play time and sniffing … OK, maybe not that last one, but the idea is still the same. Pamper, exhaust and please your pup in the city that promises a party for everyone. If you live in Las Vegas and have a wonderful pooch for whom you’d like to do something special, plan a special day out at the best area businesses for your furry buddy.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)