Washoe County sheriff’s officials say a man trying to rescue his dog on train tracks near Boomtown has died after he was struck by an Amtrak train.
The National Transportation Safety Board has focused on faulty truck brakes as one of the probable causes of a fatal collision with an Amtrak train that left six people dead in northern Nevada.
Federal safety regulators will meet in Washington, D.C., on Dec. 11 to determine the probable cause of an Amtrak crash that killed a semi-truck driver and five passengers on a train he slammed into in Nevada last year.
The search is continuing for more victims in Friday’s deadly northern Nevada train crash.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)