LOS ANGELES (AP) — Parents of a California man who died of a drug overdose at the Electric Daisy Carnival two years ago have sued the promoters for negligence and wrongful death.
The parents of 24-year-old Nicholas Tom of San Francisco filed the suit Tuesday in Los Angeles.
Tom overdosed on Ecstasy during the music festival in Las Vegas. The lawsuit says it was an hour before he received proper medical attention.
The suit claims the Beverly Hills-based promoters, Insomniac Holdings and Live National Entertainment, didn’t provide adequate medical staff for an event held in searing heat that drew more than 100,000 people.
Emails to both companies weren’t immediately returned Wednesday.
Meanwhile, authorities say one man died and more than 1,000 sought medical help during this weekend’s festival, also held in sweltering Las Vegas.