Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Downtown Grand Maintenance Worker Injured Using Torch

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A maintenance worker suffered minor injuries while using a propane torch at the Downtown Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.

According to Las Vegas Fire and Rescue, first responders took the worker to University Medical Center with hand injuries Saturday afternoon.

The incident that occurred in one of the bars caused a partial evacuation around 3:30 p.m.

Firefighters say the worker was using the torch on a dishwasher when the torch caught fire and flashed.

The floor the fire occurred on was evacuated.

There were no other evacuations ordered for the other floors.

The name of the injured worker wasn’t immediately released.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it
New CBS Local Sports

Listen Live