LAS VEGAS (KXNT) – A Las Vegas man is behind bars facing several sexual misconduct charges and police are looking for more potential victims after investigators said the man lured children to his apartment, then committed sex acts, according to authorities.
Jose Azucena faces charges of kidnapping, sexual assault against a child, lewdness with a minor and open and gross lewdness with a child, a Las Vegas Metro Police statement reported.
Detectives with the LVMPD Sexual Abuse Juvenile Section were contacted by the mothers of four children about Azucena, 63, last month over allegations of inappropriate conduct with several young victims.
Investigators determined Azucena, who was known to his victims as David, was responsible for several incidents over the past year involving girls in his apartment complex on the 4800 block of East Charleston Boulevard.
Victims reported Azucena, who had lived in the complex for several years, would use candy to lure kids to his apartment before committing sexual offenses against them.
A public defender representing Azucena didn’t immediately respond Thursday to messages about allegations that Azucena groped, kissed and exposed himself to several children.
Police say the girls reported Azucena threatened to harm their families if they told about the encounters.
Azucena was detained and interviewed last week before ultimately being arrested on 10 separate counts.
Anyone who believes their child may also be a victim of Jose Azucena was asked to contact the LVMPD Sexual Abuse Juvenile Section at 702-828-3421.