Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Henderson Garage Fire Sparked by Clothes Dryer Displaces 3

HENDERSON, NV (KXNT) – A fire that started around a clothes dryer in the garage damaged a Henderson home early Tuesday, leaving three people displaced, according to authorities.

The fire started at the home on the 300 block of West Chesapeake Way, near Pacific Avenue and West Van Wagenen Street, at about 7:45 a.m. Tuesday, a Henderson Fire Department statement reported. A resident inside the house smelled smoke and discovered the fire before calling 911.

Firefighters arrived to find the garage of the single-story home fully engulfed in flames. Crews were able to launch an offensive attack against the fire and keep the flames from spreading inside the home.

Two people inside the house were able to get out safely and no injuries were reported. All three adult residents of the home were displaced by the blaze and were being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental. Firefighters estimate $60,000 in structure damage from the fire with another $25,000 in losses to the home’s contents.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live