Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info
No injuries in weekend incident at South Point

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A device that would have normally crafted a hot hairstyle ignited a small fire inside a room at the South Point casino-hotel instead.

Officials say 45 Clark County firefighters responded Sunday afternoon to reports of smoke coming from a room on the 10th floor of the hotel south of the Las Vegas Strip.

The culprit: a plugged-in hairstyling iron that touched a nearby towel igniting it and other items on a desk. The damage: about $3,000.

Deputy Chief Jeff Buchanan says that by the time fire crews reached room 1052 the hairstyling iron was simply smoldering and a small fire was nearly extinguished. He says no one had to evacuate the hotel and no one was injured.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it
New CBS Local Sports

Listen Live