LAS VEGAS (AP) — Authorities say a 24-year-old California man who was found unresponsive in the parking lot of the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas died of an Ecstasy overdose.
Clark County coroner’s officials have ruled the death of San Leandro resident Montgomery Tsang an accident. They say cardiac enlargement was also a factor.
Tsang was taken to the hospital and died after the first night of the massive electronic dance music festival, which attracted about 134,000 people on each of its three nights.
Event producer Insomniac issued a statement afterward saying it was “deeply saddened” by the death and hoped attendees would keep the gathering safe.
The coroner has not ruled on the cause of death for 25-year-old festival attendee Anthony Anaya, who was found unresponsive in a hotel and later died.