News

Zamboni Fumes Faulted In Rink Evacuation

View Comments
photo Getty IMages-457082119

photo Getty IMages-457082119

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Zamboni fumes are being blamed for the evacuation of an ice rink in Las Vegas and the sickening of several people who were sent to the hospital over the weekend.

Clark County Fire Battalion Chief Richard Reid says firefighters were called to the Las Vegas Ice Center about 10 a.m. Sunday after several people complained of being light-headed or sick.

Members of a Haz-Mat team that responded with fire and rescue workers determined the Zamboni ice preparation machine was leaking carbon monoxide in the building. Seven people were transported to area hospitals. No one was seriously injured.

Reid told KSNV-TV they took the Zamboni outside and the carbon monoxide levels soon returned to normal. The ice rink reopened later in the day.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,122 other followers