Ex-Girlfriend On Flight To Las Vegas

SEATAC, Wash. (AP) — Authorities say a 26-year-old Seattle man accused of making a bomb threat against a Southwest Airlines flight his ex-girlfriend was taking has been arrested.

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport spokesman Perry Cooper says local and federal authorities investigated after someone made a telephone threat against Southwest Flight 149, which had been scheduled to depart for Las Vegas at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday.

Authorities took everyone off the plane shortly after they boarded, and re-screened them at the terminal. A thorough search of the plane found no bomb.

Cooper says the delayed flight took off at 7:44 a.m. No other airport operations were affected.

The spokesman says police plan to book the man into the King County jail for investigation of making a bomb threat and domestic violence threats to harm.

 

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Summary

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Listen Live