LOS LUNAS, N.M. (AP) — A fire heavily damaged a popular Valencia County business that produces and sells beef jerky.
Dozens of firefighters from numerous departments worked for hours after the fire started Sunday afternoon at Sunset Foods Beef Inc. south of Los Lunas.
Cause of the fire hasn’t been officially determined but the firefighters say the heat source might have been a meat dryer that was left on from the previous day.
The business located on Highway 47 was closed at the time of the fire.
Valencia County Fire Chief Steven Gonzales says firefighters had to get past large freezers and other machines to reach the fire.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)