Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Governor Nixes Donor Access Program

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) _ Gov. Brian Sandoval is pulling the plug on a campaign pitch that offered video chats and lunch with the state’s chief executive in exchange for monthly campaign donations.

In an email Tuesday to The Associated Press, Sandoval’s campaign says the first-term Republican governor seeking re-election next year requested that the recurring donor program be removed from the campaign’s website.

Launched earlier this month, the Nevada Strong recurring donor program offered various levels of access and face time with the governor depending on monthly contributions.

The campaign says the strategy was intended to entice small donors to get involved in the political process.

Critics countered it was in poor taste and could raise the notion of pay for play.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live