Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Flavor Flav’s Court Date For Assault Charges Postponed

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas judge agreed to again postpone an evidence hearing for entertainer Flavor Flav on felony charges stemming from an October argument with his longtime girlfriend.

A lawyer appeared Thursday on behalf of the 53-year-old former rap and reality TV star while Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa reset the date to April 10. The hearing was also postponed in November.

Defense attorney Tony Abbatangelo said later he’s hoping to settle the case.

Prosecutor Jake Merback says nothing is resolved so far.

The entertainer’s legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr.

He’s accused of pushing his girlfriend of eight years to the floor Oct. 17 and wielding two knives while allegedly chasing and threatening the woman’s 17-year-old son.

He could face prison time on assault and child endangerment charges.

(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it

Listen Live