Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Winehouse Self-Portrait Made Of Own Blood To Be Auctioned Off

LAS VEGAS (CBS Las Vegas) — A self-portrait of Amy Winehouse that was made out of her own blood will be auctioned off by friend and former rumored lover Pete Doherty .

Multiple sources are reporting that the former lead singer of Libertines will sell the painting, a small piece entitled “Ladylike,” alongside items such as instruments, diaries and articles of clothing.

The auction will be held at the Cob Gallery in London on Friday, as part of an exhibition of Doherty’s blood-infused works called “On Blood: A Portrait of the Artist”.”

“Blood plays the starring role in my work,” he said of the exhibition to the website Gigwise. “Sweat and tears are often waiting in the wings.”

The self-portrait is anticipated to earn over $100,000.

A portion of the proceeds will reportedly be donated to a foundation created in her name.

Winehouse died approximately one year ago at the age of 28 from accidental alcohol poisoning.

Comments

1. Andy says:

Amy Winehouse was never married to Pete Doherty

1. JC says:

where did it say she was? says “former lover”

1. Shockey says:

That , too, is a liie. If you click the link, you’ll find it’s not a “self-portrait” at all, but it’s a scribbling by the scunbag man mentioned, simply trying to make money. This repporter is a liarr, just trying to attract self-attention.

2. kmrod says:

Shockey,

you need a grammar lesson. it clearly says it includes his work *AND* the portrait by winehouse.

3. PoliceStateExposed says:

Who cares. Unelected officials took over Washington and control of the media after the coup and cover up. Most of the comments online are financed with your tax dollars. Big brother is trying to create the perception of public opinion while burying the truth. They think you can’t handle the truth. Fact of the matter is we have no democracy, president, and freedom of press is an illusion.

Our next election is shaping up to be as big of a sham as the last. Do you know why Sarah Palin’s bus tour was really canceled? Do you know why she stayed 30 miles away from the second debate and chose the death of Steve Jobs to announce that she’s not running? Know what leaked out? Sarah Palin and Cain aren’t in the race for the same reason, the truth leaked out.

Search Palins Dirty Little Secret for the biggest cover up in world history before it disappears forever.

4. Dizzyd says:

I found Waldo.

Hey police state or should I say CIATookOverGovermentClick4Proff or any of your other names whats up buddy you dont wanna chat anymore?

5. kmrod says:

PoliceStateExposed,

tell me again how there’s a world conspiracy because whitney houston looks like gayle king

6. Click4ProofExposed says:

MyMommyExposed

Who cares. Unexpected guests at my mother’s house gave her a good time last night. Drug addicts from the local bar put a bag over my mother’s head and gave her a good ride after the cover up. Most of the comments I’ve made online are made when I’m on meth.

My big brother is trying to mate with the neighbor’s poodle to create the perception that he’s a petofile. I don’t think the poodle can handle it. Fact of the matter is we have no father, no income, and no visible means of support.

Our next election is shaping up to be as big of a sham as the last. Do you know why Sarah Palin’s bus tour was really canceled? Do you know why she stayed 30 miles away from the second debate and chose the death of B Jobs to announce that she’s not running? Know what leaked out? My catheter bag.

2. Joe Schmoe says:

The painting should be tested for illegal substances. It might be illegal to sell it.

1. MZ says:

Definite biohazard.

2. jasperddbagghost says:

I hear there’s a working title to this piece.

It’s called:

“They tried to make me go to rehab, I said,
      “x_X, X_x, X_X .”

3. chickenman says:

Who gives a flying F***?

1. n-1 says:

obviously you did to click the link.

4. nostudme says:

Does the buyer get the tampons too?

5. doug12 says:

How much would you pay for an infection?

6. non_delusional says:

This is sick!!!

7. gmk17 says:

What idiot would pay 100K for that nonsense?

1. jasperddbagghost says:

Occupy trust fund scabs.

8. Ilpalazzo says:

Sorry, what? That is not an artwork. That’s some nasty scribble during a binge or something. As an artist I am insulted by this defecation and that there is even a thought of 100K for this. Absolutely gross.

9. ROG says:

Loved her music. Sad how substance abuse kills so many.

1. Rocko says:

what music, she was have in the bag when she sang, anyone can moan and groan

1. Eric Long says:

It’s apparent you’ve never taken time to listen to Winehouse.

10. Bill E Bob says:

Trash in life, trash in death.

11. iambicpentamaster says:

Who’s Amy Winehouse?

12. Allen Ross says:

Amy Winehouse enriched lives with her song interpretations. Her music ranged from the ridiculous to the sublime. Her life was a kind of feverish and tragic sweetness.. As for the self-portrait, well, that may well be how she saw herself or it may simply be a vacant senseless act not really meant for public viewing. In the end has value only to those who recognize the poetry in frenetic obsessive behavior. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

13. Crazy_Redneck says:

Blood? Looks like feces to me…

14. Bluto says:

This is a fake story, just someone trying to make money off her name.

1. kmrod says:

this is a stupid post, someone just trying to appear hip and zippy

15. HypnoToad says:

Wow. Not only is the concept greedy and insipid, the “art” design is less impressive than schoolkids’ stuff. Someone with more money than brains is about to adorn their walls with real garbage.

16. Amy's Ghost says:

This stupid “reporter” is lying, it is NOT a “self-portrait”, it was made by the ex boyfriend, and is a total fraud. Another example of “news” to distract away from Obama’s failed economy and hope people will look the other way each day, right up until the election.

Nice try again CBS, but people are not that stupid.

1. kmrod says:

17. SonofIssachar says:

Amy was one sick Sally.

18. Captain Genius says:

Anybody painting with their own blood probably has some serious issues. I hope she gets herself some help.

1. Eric Long says:

A day late and a dollar short.

2. snafubar says:

sorry cappy, that she didn’t do

19. snafubar says:

better check the painting for hepatitis and AIDS

20. David says:

I’ll bid 50 cents. I need to line my bird cage.

21. joseph says:

Jeeze how much for some of her used toilet paper?

22. Mike J says:

This is all about Free Speech. After all the gov’t (and their corporate cronies) censor the media and ban books like “America Deceived II”.

Last link of “America Deceived II” before it is completely censored:

23. bob says:

great idea considering she was an IV drug addict… probably a picture filled with HIV.

24. JJ1970JJ says:

Apparently she can’t paint or sing worth a damn.

25. bubba says:

I guess the lowlife is still trying to take money from her, even after she is dead.

26. MyMommyExposed says:

Our next election is shaping up to be as big of a sham as the last. Do you know why Sarah Palin’s bus tour was really canceled? Do you know why she stayed 30 miles away from the second debate and chose the death of Steve Jobs to announce that she’s not running? Know what leaked out? My catheter bag.

Search Mommys Dirty Little Secret for the biggest cover up in back alley history before she turns pro.