Filed underNCAA Tournament
ATLANTA (AP) – Baylor vs. Xavier is more than an undercard to the highly anticipated Kentucky-Indiana rematch.
The Bears and Musketeers are building their own impressive resumes heading into their round of 16 matchup Friday night for a spot in Sunday’s South Regional final.
Baylor, the No. 3 seed, is one win away from its second regional final in three years.
Xavier, the No. 10 seed, is playing in the round of 16 for the fourth time in five years. Only Kansas, Michigan State and North Carolina can share that claim.
So excuse Xavier’s players for rolling their eyes Thursday when asked about being a mid-major school. And pardon Perry Jones III for pointing out that Baylor, like top-seeded Kentucky, is aiming for the national championship.
Kentucky meets Indiana in Friday’s second game.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- AA Passenger Causes Disturbance After Leaving DFW Airport
- Bieber Tweet Overwhelms Dallas Grandmother With Frenzied Fans
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Doctor Discusses Computer Vision Syndrome