Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Tebow’s Appearance At Vegas Church Draws 20,000

LAS VEGAS (AP) — This weekend, the long lines, huge crowds and jersey-clad sports fans in Las Vegas were jockeying for a chance to get into church.

An estimated 20,000 people, including one family that arrived at 4 a.m. Saturday to be the first in line, showed up at Canyon Ridge Christian Church over the weekend to hear Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow share about faith and football.

“You get bashed against the rocks sometimes,” Tebow said Sunday at one of the church’s four weekend services. “But when you have a relationship with Christ … One of my favorite quotes is, ‘I don’t know what my future holds, but I know who holds it.’ I know what my rock is. I know who’s holding my future.”

Tebow has attracted immense media scrutiny for his unconventional throwing style and his outspoken Christian faith. His routine of dropping to a knee after a touchdown has evolved into a cultural phenomenon dubbed “Tebowing.” He coached senior pastor Kevin Odor on how to strike the prayer pose during their interview-style talks on the church stage.

The 24-year-old talked about the Bible verses written in the eye black he wears during the game — he said he was shocked that 94 million people did a Google search for “John 3:16” after he wore it during the 2009 national championship. He talked about his teammates teasing him for not cursing on the field.

And he discussed his visits to orphans, hospitalized children and jails.

He visits death row inmates “just to shake their hand or give them a hug when I’m not supposed to, because the guards get mad, to show them someone still cares and loves them and that God forgives them and still wants a relationship with them. It’s one of the coolest things I get to do.”

Beyond the Tebow-mania in the church auditorium and the overflow tent on the Las Vegas campus, Odor said more than 1,000 people had logged on to the church’s website to watch a live feed of one Saturday night service, hailing from far-flung countries including Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

The honorarium Tebow received for speaking at the church is being donated to his foundation, which is building a hospital in the Philippines.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

1. Michael Paul Tuuri says:

Now that’s odd…20,000 to see Tebow. I’m certain Jesus would not get that kind of attention. And you wonder what is wrong with this country?

1. sammylopez says:

Jesus did get that kind of attention. Read the Bible and notice that wherever Jesus went, there was always a “multitude” that followed. Same thing happened here with Tebow. Christ lives in him, 20,000 attended, and Jesus was still the center of attention. I think you’ve taken a wrong perspective on this.

1. yarply says:

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

2. kady says:

Yes. Jesus got 5000 at a time when the local population was relatively small. 5K then was a lot larger % of that population than 20K in Las Vegas is.

3. DoesItEverEnd says:

Another ridiculous story. Unelected officials took over Washington and the media for domestic spying purposes following the coup and cover up. They think you can’t handle the truth. We have no democracy, no president, and freedom of press is an illusion.

Our next election is shaping up to be as big of a sham as the last. Do you know why Sarah Palin’s bus tour was really canceled? Do you know why she stayed 30 miles away from the second debate and chose the death of Steve Jobs to announce that she’s not running? Know what leaked out? Sarah Palin and Cain aren’t in the race for the same reason, the truth leaked out. Search PalinsDirtyLittleSecret for the biggest cover up in history

4. minfxbg says:

No need to worry that the Democrats will try to enlist Tebow for an endorsement as they are on record of denying God. The GOP may try but would look to suborn Tebow to suppor their cause.
        May he have the wisdom to stay away and above the creatures that swarm in the poltical cesspool.

5. Bill Preston says:

sammylopez, you are right on!

6. Hiheels says:

The crowds flocked to Jesus just like Tebow and Sarah Palin.
        It is the choice of words and the tone of voice and the body language
        combined that can not be faked. These special people maybe ” the elect” and
        People need to hear that some one loves and cares for them from a true
        messenger of God .

7. Regulas says:

Good one and true but the truth is always with the righteous that is why the left, aka fascist loving liberals are constantly lying and God hates liars.

8. BJB says:

Sammy…did you forget to read the rest of the story?

When everyone, including his own disciples, turn away from him when they learn the true nature of His purpose and Kingdom? You know…the part where they crucify him?

9. vodka says:

@ sammylopez I bet you Christians would be surprised to know that 99% of the new testament bible was written way after this supposed Jesus lived. No one who wrote those assembled passages ever met Jesus. The old testament is just an assemblage of bronze age writings. The apostle Paul wasn’t really an apostle of Jesus although he was alive at Jesus’s time. He didn’t even know about Jesus’s early life. Mark, Luke, Matthew etc… came generations later and were all allegorical writings. All of them copied each other (“improved apon the stories”) and borrowed heavily from the old testament.
        No thanks fools. I’ll stick with science and reality.

10. vodkasDaddy says:

@ vodka spoken like the immature little child you are.

11. Brian says:

@ Vodka,
        I hate to break it to you, but John was “the disciple whom Jesus loved”. John wrote the Gospel of John, John I, II, and III, and Revelation. He was a contemporary of Christ. I noticed you completely omitted mentioning him; probably intentional, because it blows up your whole concept.

12. Action Jackson says:

@vodka

You know not of which you speak.

Matthew, Mark Luke, John, Peter, James and even Paul (Met Christ on the road to damascus) either walked, talked, ate healed and were persecuted along with Jesus and His Gospel. These are the writers of the NT.

Sorry, you’re wrong.

13. Noneof says:

Obviously Michael you know nothing about Jesus or the bible.

14. Vodka says:

@Action Jackson, Brian and vodkasDaddy.
        I know it must really hurt to learn this. You all should really get an education and also learn more about the dogma you embrace so heavily. Look this stuff up sometime. Quit putting your heads in the sand. Quite sad really…..

15. Stuart says:

Vodka, i used to believe what u said, until they discovered papyrus with New Testament scriptures dated at 70 AD, which are now in a museum in England. This is evidence that it was written concurrently with the events or within the lifetimes of the apostles who wrote it.

16. Vodka says:

@ Stuart Yes, but it was written AFTER Jesus had died. Not even Apostle Paul (Saul of Tarkus) knew Jesus. Apostle Paul was not even a “real” Apostle and he wrote about a supposed vision of him after he died. The later allegorical writings by Matthew, Luke etc… were written way after he died and NO ONE WHO WROTE THE BIBLE ever met Jesus!

2. Nena says:

How do you know that?

1. Tex Lovera says:

As Sammy said, “Read the Bible…” and you would know. Don’t worry, it doesn’t have cooties…

3. Andrew says:

One of Jesus’ miracles involved feeding 5,000 men, not including women and children. Most scholars suggest that crowd alone was around 15-20k people.

I think it’s great that people want to hear from him, and I pray that he continues to use this platform to point to Jesus!

1. Lali Danube says:

Amen!

2. scab says:

If you believe that–you’ll believe anything.

3. Katherine says:

@Andrew, I agree with you! I will pray in agreement with you and all of my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. Jesus lives in him.

@Doesiteverend…the answer is NO! Jesus is for ETERNITY!

4. U R Delirious says:

Right! You could never get 20,000 to watch a man heal the sick or walk on water.

You’re what’s wrong with this country.

1. Lali Danube says:

UR, put the time in perspective, people traveled by donkey or on foot. If they had our modern conveniences Jesus would have attracted more than 20K, perhaps 200K.

2. LONGHORN says:

YOU ARE IN ERROR! THEY WATCHED. BUT TO BE SURE, SOME WERE MUCH LIKE YOU, THAT IS UNBELIEVERS. THEY WERE THERE FOR THE “FREE MEAL” JESUS WOULD PROVIDE THEM. SOME BELIEVED, SOME DID NOT. PROVING THE LATER WORDS OF JESUS, “MANY ARE CALLED BUT FEW ARE CHOSEN”

5. rob says:

I’m pretty sure Jesus would have drawn a lot more people that Twbow. I get what you’re alluding to, but the way you say it doesn’t hold water.

6. Alnga says:

I believe that is entirely possible that they saw JESUS in Tim.. he personifies what is taught and we are all encouraged to do.

1. Barry Schillinger says:

I don’t think he personifies it. Only Jesus could do that and no man is anything close to who Jesus is. Tebow seems to be a nice young man and night even have a legitimate faith. But he has a lot to learn. For one, he should do as Jesus taught and not be making a public spectacle of himself when he prays. Jesus said our prayers should be in private so they are just between us and God. And the idea of talking about your own humility leaves a bit to be desired because a humble person does not talk about their humility. I don’t say these things to criticize Tebow, just to remind us that he is not what Jesus was and those people who are putting him on a pedestal are making a mistake. He is still very young and I hope he does well. But he’s got many, many decades to spend living faithfully before we should be looking to him as a role model.

2. Neo Con John says:

Barry, I don’t think Mr. Tebow is seeking the attention on the playing field he garners, I thihinl it was exployted by the media and now it is backfiring on them. Mr. Tebow should not hide when confronted about his faith because the faithful have been badgered through out history for thier faith. Our populous are awakening the the fact that FAITH is GOOD, and we should respect each others beliefs.

3. rto says:

AndvJesus said we are to pray without ceasing….

7. gk98765 says:

What about Tebow’s comments reported in the story do you find contrary to Jesus’ teachings? The humbling of himself, in gratitude to God, when the crowd wants to shower him in adulation? The desire to live a God honoring life even whtn others mock him?The donating of his money to build a hospital that serves poor and orphans? The visiting of outcasts and those in prison?

I too clicked on this article with skepticism, but see little to complain about here!

8. A. Gabrtiel says:

Absolutely nothing is wrong with so many turning out to see him; what you are missing is the fact that manyof us are Christian and that changes everything in life. Those who are not simply do not realize what they are missing or else they have blinders on. Go Tebow! Go Jesus!

9. Linda says:

What’s “wrong with this country” is that there weren’t 100,000 folks who went to hear his testimony!

1. Chris says:

Amen and Amen!

2. Texas Freedom says:

Well, not many churches can hold 100,000 . . . .

10. Tim says:

Actually, when Jesus fed the 5000 it was probably more like 20,000 because the 5000 was just men.

11. Ron says:

What was his appearance fee?

1. Tex Lovera says:

The only mention of it in the article is that he donated it to his foundation, which is building a hospital in the Philippines.

12. scab says:

Jesus is what’s wrong with this country.

1. Texas Freedom says:

Good luck answering to that one someday.

2. Neo Con John says:

ROGER THAT TEXAS!!!!
        GOD BLESS TEXAS

3. vodka says:

@ scab Exactly. Fairy tales for grown-ups. What’s even more amazing is that some base their entire lives on this huge lie.

4. vodka says:

@ Texas Freedom Sounds more like a Texas “mind in chains”. What really amazes me is how smug you xtains can be about how you are supposedly going to this place with gold streets, pearly gates and a full time watchman just like a celestial North Korea and non-believers are going to a place with “eternal fire” and torture. Just for not believing? Are you really serious?

5. Valerie says:

@vodka: Yeah, we are serious. And one day you’ll see, I just hope you choose to believe before it’s too late. Heaven is real. So is Hell.
        @scab: How could you say that?

6. Jeff says:

Guys-

You don’t get there for simply believing. There are many in this world that do believe, but wont see the other side of heaven. You simply need to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, acknowledge that he died for all of our sins, and commit your life on earth to serving him by living your life for him. Not so simple as just believing, but not as difficult if he truly lives in your hearts. When you ponder the thought that if the earth moves ever so slightly out of orbit and either a little closer or away from the sun, life on earth ceases, it becomes easier to believe we not only have a creator, but a powerful hand keeping all of us alive and in existence until he decides to come again. I pray you can consider this and be open to accepting Jesus as your Saviour. God Bless you all!

13. MC Wallace says:

Michael you are an idiot. Look up the numbers for Billy Graham he’d draw much more than 20,000 people. Tim Tebow is spreading the word and works of Jesus. Tebow draws 50,000+ playing football; and, he will draw more than that spreading the Gospel.

14. Michael Charles says:

your ignorance is what’s wrong. . . . What brought 20,000 to see Tebow was the object of his faith and the message behind the man. Anyone can see a NFL player, but rarely can you find one who loves Christ first first, and has demonstrated that long before he was famous. Plus, it’s Vegas, people need something pure to cling to. . .

1. BS Detector says:

“Plus, it’s Vegas, people need something pure to cling to. . .”

Yeah, they call them Casino Chips.

15. rob says:

I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12

1. BS Detector says:

Tebow said that?

Jeebus!

16. ONTIME says:

The media system in Jesus’s day was not up to snuff as what we take for granted now…but word of mouth can still make ya or break ya….

17. cheryl defelice says:

You are correct, Jesus doesn’t get this kind of attention. Hopefully with TIm Tebow sharing about Christ, more people will get saved.

18. J. Hannaford says:

You need to read the Bible & read about the crowds that came to Jesus. Granted…we shouldn’t be idolizing T. Tebow.

19. Jacqueline Bay says:

Tebow stands as an ambassador of Christ….so when Tebow draws 20,000….it is for our Lord Jesus. Now, when Jesus returns, you can be guaranteed, He IS going to get that kind of attention times a gazillion!

20. J. Bartlett says:

Dude….If Jesus was going to be at a church in America there would be 20 MILLION people there! Tebow is not the center of the focus here. Even if there were folks who only went to see him, they heard the gospel of Jesus Christ, and THAT is the focus!

21. Shane says:

Jesus… the fictional character in the fictional book?

1. Valerie says:

Jesus is NOT a fictional character. I hope you can one day realize the love He has for you, the reason He died on the cross.

22. isnrblog says:

I have a great deal of respect for Tebow, even though I am a Deist, I’m not Christian and I don’t believe in the Bible.

If I heard on good authority that Jesus himself was going to appear somewhere, I would camp out in line and if indeed it was Jesus, I would become a believer, a Christian.

I was raised in a strict Christian household and have read the Bible many times. The reason I do not today believe in Jesus is that there are no facts. Christians and other religious people need faith because they have no facts.

If Jesus made an appearance and it was verifiable, now I have a known fact and now I believe.

Curously, that has never happened. The Bible accounts are not verifyable There is no proof Jesus was an historic figure.

1. Valerie says:

You breathe air, you can’t see it, but you know it’s there right? I can only pray that you are brought back to your Christian roots. Funny how this world has formed: if there’s no proof, it’s not real.

23. Maria Brown says:

Thank you Tim for being a bold witness for Christ. My prayer is that we as followers of Christ will also follow your lead.

2. Louise says:

What a wonderful example for the young people of the world. His family did a great job. I get such an uplifting feeling just watching him..pray Tim the World is watching and your gentle message is being heard.

3. Randy says:

beg to differ. Jesus would draw millions and that is a good thing about this country

4. Dan says:

Yeah that darn Tebow! Look at him, and he says….nice things and Jesus would stone him right?!?!?!?!?

5. Last Chance says:

Don’t be a moron. Jesus gets multi-millions every Sunday.

1. minfxbg says:

Matthew 21:12 (Aramaic Bible)
      ” And Yeshua entered The Temple of God and cast out all of those who sold and bought in The Temple and upset the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.”

1. Tex Lovera says:

I think he meant multi-millions of PEOPLE…

6. Nena says:

Tim Tebow you are a wonderful example to all Christians!

7. yarply says:

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

“Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of people in order to be noticed by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

1. sammylopez says:

yarply. Put the Scriptures you just posted in context. If you notice, the first two passages you gave used the phrases “like the hypocrites” and “as the hypocrites”. Jesus was talking about those who claimed to know the law and God and yet lived different lives. If you are ensuing that Tebow is a hypocrite, I think you must reconsider that because he hasn’t shown signs of one. The last Scripture you posted was written to those on the sermon on the Mount. Jesus was encouraging His followers to shun the outrageous lifestyle and “religion” of the Pharisee. If you are once again trying to say that a Christian is not to live out his faith in public, you have once again taken these passages out of context. Jesus tells us clearly “If you deny me before man, I will deny you before My Father who is in heaven”. He also says, “You are the light of the world, a city on a hill cannot be hidden”. I encourage you to make sure that if you are going to quote Scripture, that you know Scripture and its context.

1. buh says:

Correct sammylopez. Thank you.

2. sifi says:

WELL SAID! Some need to get the beam out of their eye before trying to remove the splinter in his neighbors.

3. Linda says:

Thanks, sammylopez, for explaining to yarply. Maybe, yarply, if Tim is speaking near where you live, you might want to hear what he has to say. Lives are changed by the living Word of God!

4. elaineanne says:

correct sammy, am so tired of those who lift scripture out of context to suit their own purpose, almost always ina way that is wrong. Your explanation is great. Thank you, and amen.

5. Harlin says:

Very well said, sammylopez. I was going to say the same thing myself. Jesus never told us as Christians not to express and live our faith publicly. He told us to not act like we were “super-Spiritual” in public, and live like heathens in private. He also told us not to “pray in public” to get man’s approval. That’s why the Pharisee’s and other religious leaders of the day who hated Jesus acted like they did…they wanted man’s approval instead of God’s approval.

6. rto says:

excellent sammy….

7. Saddlemomma says:

Thank you! I get so tired of people quoting Bible verses out of context. Here’s a simple rule to follow: Never read just a Bible verse. Read what comes before and after the verse to understand the context of the verse.

2. Alnga says:

Perhaps you should pay more attention to the disclaimer: …”in order to be noticed by them” ….Please note carefully this is not about Tim being lifted up but rather JESUS,The CHRIST…Tim is HIS humble servant. We are to pray..continually and you cannot be continually in your person place of prayer.

3. PATTY HENRY says:

IN Context: IF you practice “faith” which is NOT REAL FAITH this applies. The Pharisees were prime example. TEBOW’S faith is real.

4. Liveinyourheart says:

I believe you miss the point of these scriptures….they go deeper than the actions. They add what is in the heart to the equation. The reason behind the actions. And since only God can truly know what is in the heart, it is His to judge not ours. If his heart is right with God, and the actions come from a place of Glorifying God, not himself, then my guess is the Father will be alright with that. And His grace is sufficient.

““Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven

1. yarply says:

21Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; who have eyes, and see not; who have ears, and hear not:

22Fear you not me? says the LORD: will you not tremble at my presence, who has placed the sand for the bound of the sea by a perpetual decree, that it cannot pass it: and though its waves toss themselves, yet can they not prevail; though they roar, yet can they not pass over it?

23But this people has a revolting and a rebellious heart; they have revolted and gone away.

24Neither say they in their heart, Let us now fear the LORD our God, who gives rain, both the former and the latter, in its season: he reserves unto us the appointed weeks of the harvest.

25Your iniquities have turned away these things, and your sins have withheld good things from you.

26For among my people are found wicked men: they lie in wait, as he that sets snares; they set a trap, they catch men.

27As a cage is full of birds, so are their houses full of deceit: therefore they have become great, and grown rich.

28They have grown fat, they shine: yea, they pass over the deeds of the wicked: they judge not the cause, the cause of the fatherless, yet they prosper; and the right of the needy do they not defend.

29Shall I not punish for these things? says the LORD: shall not my soul be avenged on such a nation as this?

5. herc4evr says:

Behold I send you out as sheep amongst wolves (and Yarply’s). Preach the gospel to every creature, let your light shine upon a hill.

1. yarply says:

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

6. yarply says:

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke you.

1. James says:

We get it yarply – you are jealous of a Tebow and maybe he will fall someday so you can be right. I pray for him because there are those who prowl with the devil seeking those whom they may devour – a warning to you.

7. freedomrings says:

Yarply….I wish more people were like him. He has a real opportunity to share his faith and I, as a Christian, am not offended by him bowing or going to a church and sharing his faith. Tim Tebow did not promote the fact that he drew 20,000 people…the press did….they are the ones that are drawing attention to the things he is doing.

1. yarply says:

I have said no word against him. Yet am accused of it.
        Is it because I quote Gods word that ye all rail against me?

2. Michael says:

It is easy to rail against fools. Even the devil quotes God’s Word.

3. Michael says:

@ yarpley: It is easy to rail against fools. Even the devil quotes God’s Word.

4. Tex Lovera says:

Why ARE you posting, yarply? What IS your point? Can you spell it out for us without quoting Biblical passages? If not, you are an echo chamber…

5. elaineanne says:

james, you spoke for many. and yarply, a big whoopie do, you know how to find scripture to suit your own purpose. problem is, your interpretation is from YOUR own head. Yarply you cannot find God with your head, it can’t be done. You can read the Bible over and over, it’s meaning will truly be revealed to you when you find God with your heart. I pray you find Him, he has been waiting for you!

8. Joy says:

Matthew 10:32-34
      “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.”

Colossians 3:16-18
      And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

Matthew 25: 34-40
      “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’…

…‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

9. James says:

Sam..lopez is right and notice the wrong attitude of these scribes and pharisees: “to be seen by men”, “to show men they are fasting”, “to be noticed by them”. I think Tebow has already been noticed by playing football. The Pharisee sought noteriety using religion – not honoring God but using God. Tim is pointing to God. He is driven by a rare amount of gratitude for his Lord – Jesus.

10. James says:

11. Michael says:

Yo! Yarply! Have you visited any inmates lately? Widows? Orphans? Sick children? Have you boldly proclaimed the gospel of salvation? What? Too busy trying to “not be noticed” so you don’t violate Scripture? Well, don’t worry, I don’t think anyone will mistake you for a servant of God’

And I am sure God is very happy about that…

1. yarply says:

GOD BLESS YOU.

12. Chris says:

Yarply,you left out the remainder of these statements by Jesus, “But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.” Tebow has sought the Lord in the secret place, and now the Father is rewarding him openly by giving him a platform to glorify His Son. Be careful how you treat the body of Christ. The apostle Paul warned those who did not rightly discern the body,” For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord’s body.For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.” Remember the communion cup before you make railing accusations against a brother, if indeed you are a brother.

13. Ella says:

Yarply, You are one of the ones who wished he kept his faith “private”…He started his ritual when he was in high school when no one noticed…he continues it to be true to himself and now people who are uncomfortable with Jesus have made it a point of derision. Do you really want to join them? Get over it.. he’ a kid and mighty brave one.. .. he is just doing what he has always done.. Obviously you did not see him before while in hight school and college.

8. Carl says:

A great example for our youth and all of those lost souls. I pray for his safety and continuance of His Message.

9. angel says:

its a start Michael….what an opportunity Tebow has to share his faith….God bless him and his good works….

10. Joel says:

The reason Tebow is a wonderful example is that he points to Christ, not himself. May God grant him the strength to continue this way.

11. linda says:

I think it’s great that he is reaching so many with the word of God so many need to hear it if they all had a relationship with Christ what a wonderful world this would for without Jesus I am nothing praise God he’s getting the message out

1. Godfrey says:

Linda – you have a pathetic worldviews.

Just sayin’.

1. PATTY HENRY says:

you must have mis-read what Linda said. I agree with her. IF we had JESUS in everyone’s life..there would be NO PROBLEMS (wars, poverty,, hatred)

2. minfxbg says:

Typical reply of a pagan.

3. Tex Lovera says:

“God”frey. Heh.

4. vodka says:

@ PATTY HENRY. Sure. Look at the highly religious middle east. Great example of peace. Burn a book and you could face death over there. The USA, more crime, rape and drug abuse in the bible belt of America. (proven) What have you been smokin?? Probably Jesus’s pole.

5. Valerie says:

No she doesn’t. I have the same views. We want to see this world changed… For the BETTER.

6. Valerie says:

@vodka: Do you HONESTLY think Jesus wants those things? No, those are acts of rebellion. PEOPLE make those choices on their own.

2. Guest says:

I don’t know…just because you follow Christ doesn’t mean you’re perfect. This world would still be messed up even if everyone was a Christian.

12. Godfrey says:

“I want to humble myself before the Lord and say thank you for this opportunity”

Yeah, you’re SO humble, Tim. Like when you paint Bible verses on your eyelids.

What a pompous, grandstanding buffoon.

1. charles says:

Careful Godfrey, your slip is showing.

2. Linda says:

Godfrey, your judgement of someone I daresay you don’t know personally is so harsh and non-humble. Are you so offended by scripture that your hatred and non-tolerance of anything/anyone Christian sets you off?

3. DIsco says:

Maybe if you read a Bible, you would realize that as Christians, we are not supposed to hide out faith, but LIVE IT and proclaim it BOLDLY!

1. Valerie says:

^ amen!

4. Joseph Sanford says:

But, it’s wonderful, Godfrey, because evidently hundreds of people didn’t know John 3;16 and they Googled it. Now they know. If he hadn’t been bold, some of those people would have never looked it up.

13. Neo Con John says:

michael paul tuuri,
    your vailed snide comment simply shows the level of YOUR OWN disconnect with our Lord. Simply stated, you cannot see the forest because of 20,000 trees.
    Mr. Tebow is simply speading GODS words and spirt of kindness we should have for one another, and yet people like you are again,
    are simply here to test our faith with your vailed snide comments.
    Have a great day Mikey. GOD BLESS YOU ;}

14. Neo Con John says:

marlo, What is the root of all your anger??? You should seek PROFESSIONAL HELP before you go off the deep end, If you haven’t already done so. God Bless my freind.

15. Dan says:

Mark 13:10 – The gospel must first be preached to all the nations.

Mark 16:15 – And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.”

1 Corinthians 9:16 – For if I preach the gospel, I have nothing to boast of, for I am under compulsion; for woe is me if I do not preach the gospel.

16. JPN says:

someone’s off their meds…

1. A. Gabrtiel says:

Go vote for obummer. . .you’re off your meds!

17. Don says:

I pray Tebow is just getting started in his ministry

18. BPatMan says:

marlo, you seem to be filled with hatred and anger. I will pray for you.

1. BS Detector says:

Bible, you seem to be filled with hatred and anger. I will pray for you.

FTFY!

After receiving the LAW, Moses had three thousand of his people slaughtered. Their women , children and neighbors too! I bet you didn’t see that in the movie “The Ten Commandments”, did you? They also glossed over the GENOCIDE of the Midianites and the rape of their virgin females. The moviegoers probably didn’t want to know about that anyway.

Neither do the flock.

19. John says:

Wow. God does have mercy on you, as he does all of us sinners. We all deserve hell and death.

“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes on Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16

I pray that you will come to know Jesus Mario. He can take the hate away……

1. brandon says:

We all deserve hell and death??? A belief in a cruel god makes for a cruel man “Thomas Paine” You sure have one cruel God you worship if you believe we all deserve hell and God puts us in hell for not believing rediculous and unverifyable stories.

1. Valerie says:

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” – Romans 3:23
        We needed a Savior to save us from our sins. That’s why Jesus Christ died for us on the cross. And when we except him in our lives, we are no longer condemned.🙂

2. Valerie says:

^ @brandon

3. Ben D. Banana says:

Wow, you wonder why us non believers laugh at you folks all the time? No one dies for ANYONE. Stupid, flawed.
        That’s a bronze age ancient mind set.

4. Randy says:

Fireman, police officers, and military have given their lives to protect others. Don’t be afraid of Jesus, he doesn’t bite.

20. Harry says:

“We never apologize to anyone for depending upon our Creator. We can laugh at those who think spirituality is the way of weakness. Paradoxically, it is the way of strength. The verdict of the ages is that faith means courage. All men of faith have courage. They trust their God. We never apologize for God. Instead, we let Him demonstrate, through us what He can do.”

21. JGA78 says:

John replied in the words of the prophet Isaiah: “I am a voice shouting in the wilderness, Clear the way for the LORD’s coming!'”

John 1:23

1. BJB says:

So Tebow is now John the Baptist?

Don’t you think that’s a bit over the top? John, being a REAL prophet and all.

22. Mark says:

Any man who speaks with the power of God would NEVER be invited to speak to church people, those walls, doors, clergy and pulpits are to keep Christ out.

23. mikeMazz says:

There is a whole lot of crazy in these religious nutcase posts but it is fun to read for sure…

24. Tom says:

Too bad the son of God was illiterate. I really wish God would’ve seen fit to teach his son how to write so we could read what Jesus actually said instead of what was written 80 years after his death.

25. jslab129 says:

Tebow is a good man.

26. I Miss Reagan says:

May God Bless not only Tim Tebow but also everyone who shall seek his only begotten Son. It is apparent the Mr. Tebow is here for a reason. May the Angels watch over him.

1. BJB says:

Isn’t everyone here for a reason? Aren’t all believers being watched over by angels?

Don’t understand the fascination with Tebow. I can look right here in my own church and find many more “saintly” people than him…and they seek absolutely no glory for themselves. Nor do they make a show of their faith.

If Tebow wasn’t an NFL star, people would care less about him!

1. Michael says:

I’m sure all the Filipino children he has ministered to in mission work, hospital building and such would have a different opinion than you. But that’s kind of the way with hypocrites like you…your opinion is the only one that matters. So go on, live your dull, uninspired life. Keep going to church and try to feel good about your empty, and essentially worthless existence. While you are at it, try to forget that all YOUR good works are most likely chaff in the wind. Then just keep on hating those that are making a difference. I’m so glad that Jesus didn’t make a show of His faith…

27. Miracle Man says:

Jesus said, “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to me.” In today’s post-resurrention terms this means that people, those who believe and those who do not believe, are drawn to Christ in one way or another. This will remain true of Tim Tebow when he glorifies Christ in his words and actions as he does. People are drawn to the gospel. And hopefully many will come to know the peace and joy of Christ through the witness of Tim’s life in Christ. It is a genuine miracle to see a young man who puts the Lord first in his life as does Tebow. I praise God for raising up this young man to do what he does. And you know what else is a miracle? This email is from a Dallas Cowboys fan!!

28. RS says:

It shows the spiritual hunger in this country. I’ll give you a sacred secret. The Bible says in Romans 8:19 that “the whole creation groans and travails waiting for the manifestation of the Sons of God”. I believe this generation is going to see “the greater works” “Bride of Christ” people, to show the world the true power and authority of Christ, and what a fully redeemed Christian is capable of, as Jesus uses His body to move throughout the world, and heal the sick, raise the dead, and cast out devils. Essentially, cleanse the world of the curse of Adam, in preparation for the return of Christ to His throne. Christ said he would not return to sit on His eternal throne until all His enemies have been put under is feet, both in Heaven and on Earth. And he is leaving that up to a select, elect group of transformed living and resurrected saints, “the church which is His body”, as the vehicle to accomplish His will on “Earth as it is in Heaven”. And woe be to anyone to tries to hinder their work, they will be steamrolled by the wrath of God. For a “great people and a strong there has never been seen like these”.

29. Scott says:

Tim Tebow has been truly and radically changed by Jesus Christ. He lives his life like a true child of God because he understands and embraces the fact that he is free indeed. He lives with abandon, which not only shows on the football field, but in everything he does. People are drawn to him, just as if he were Christ walking physically on the Earth. The same types of folks that flocked to Jesus are flocking to Tebow because they see Jesus Christ clearly reflected in him. Those that are critical of Tim are the same types that scoffed and hurled insults at Christ.

1. BJB says:

Just curious…

If Tebow is playing football perhaps every Sabbath day, how does he find the time to be active in church? To hear the preaching of God’s word each week? Or is he exempt because of his celebrity?

1. Joseph Sanford says:

I don’t think it matters which days he shares his faith and it doesn’t always have to be in a church. The first churches met in homes. I believe he puts Jesus before “church.”

2. vodka says:

@ Scott Dude, your brainwashed state of mind is astounding!

1. Valerie says:

@vodka: We could say the exact same thing about you.

30. BS Detector says:

I am SHOCKED and OUTRAGED that someone would resort to prayer to enlist the aid of Lord God Almighty to “fix” a football game.

Shouldn’t that be some kind of Foul?

And now 20,000 people are WORSHIPPING this cheater?

1. Neo Con John says:

BS who is to say that God doesn’t have a favorite team, and as for fixing the game, he just plays fair. But thats proabibly to strange a concept for you isn’t it. lol

2. Michael says:

I am SHOCKED and OUTRAGED at your phony attempt to stir the pot. Climb back into your “Whited sepulchre”…perhaps there you can finally detect your own BS.

31. Som says:

And you wonder why the country is in the state it’s in.

32. xfile93 says:

Tebow is a good man and a standup Christian. In our sick and deviant Political Correctness world we live in today, that cannot be accepted by those on the left. It is poison to them. how pathetic they are.

33. JesusKeepScore.com says:

I think he plays JesusKeepScore.com.

34. Mark G. says:

Paul the Apostle preached to thousands and had few converts.
    He preached in city squares, at universities and debated somethines daily with the best minds of the day.
    Most will not believe. Many will jeer and mock. It has always been so for the gospel.
    Paul was assaulted and beaten on several occassions. Once to nearly deaths door. It did not stop him.
    He continued his message of good news and salvation through Jesus Christ throughout his entire life. Those who believed the message found comfort and hope in their faith, and I dare say, were happy and content in an unhappy world.

35. BS Detector says:

When twenty thousand “Christians” show up at an anti-war rally, then maybe there is something to it.

Otherwise, it’s just like Football.

And this is all about TEBOW, not Jesus. Especially them Bible quotes.

36. alansanmateo says:

What’s “wrong” with this country is that there were 20,000 unemployed folks who had the free time on a weekday to go hear ANYONE speak.

37. Mark in Fla says:

Im coming from a 100% non religious pov. what i see here is a great guy who believes in helping everyone. a person who has compassion for death row inmates and basically, all people. he is a mega-star and a millionaire pro football player (not easy to achieve for ANYONE, just ask all the college athletes that wish they could just get a tryout with an NFL team). basically a great guy who is hated. WHY?

because LIberals hate Christians and freedom of religion. If he was a LIberal, however, they would make excuses why he is a great person regardless of his “christianity”.

I hate LIberals and their “we love everyone, except those who disagree with us” bull. Tim Tebow appears to be a great human being, and this coming from a non religious NON Bronco fan, and any hate spewed toward him is simply because he is a Christian. Which is an Anti-American way of thinking. If you don’t like him, move to Iran.

1. Valerie says:

^haha, amen!

38. jason says:

was this before or after he was seen hanging w/ porn stars at a club in vegas?

39. Big Kitchen says:

Thank God for Tim Tebow and his stand for Jesus. Yes, Christ lives in him, but is that really why the multitudes showed up at church. Scripture tells us that where two or more are gathered in his name that he is present among them. So sad that all of these didn’t show up at the church before the football star was there. Who is it about anyway?

40. NYS Parkie says:

Bless Mr. Tebow.
    May he continue to work for the Lord in any way our Savior sees fit. I and Mr. Tebow and all of us are but clay to be molded for his Glory and Praise.

41. Denis says:

1 John 5:18-21……….Knowing the True—Rejecting the False

18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself,[e] and the wicked one does not touch him. 19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

People, wake up! Follow Jesus!

42. LAwrence Lynch says:

The Bible was written for the minds of the time, the limits of the people who were not educated. SO, there are many allegories, but the substance of what was written is still true. One day, in the eye of the Lord is perhaps a million yeatrs. HOW God created all the heavens and all within them is not really important. HE is the First Cause, without being caused Himself. Tebow is a simple creature, a football player, and a self described CHristian. Just accept the man for what he does and not what you Suspect him to be. Actions speak
    louder than words. James, in CH 2, says: Faith witrhout good works is DEAD!
    Tebow is doing good things for those in need. Why criticize anyone for that?
    Go to a food kitchen and volunteer your time. Work for a shelter for the homeless. Work with troubled families. DO something. But do not just sit and vegoitate like a potted plant

43. A. Raphael says:

God bless Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. RETIREDCOACH says:

WANT TO KNOW WHO SAW JESUS ALIVE?- GOOGLE JOSEPHUS.

NOW READ JOHN 3:16

45. Dionne says:

Continue with your strong faith..There R lots of other Christians who R supporting U all the way…Love comes from Our Heavenly Father.. All Christians need to STAND UP for what we believe…The other groups that do not believe in OUR HEAVENLY FATHER seem to be really having a hard time because WE speak out about what WE believe..I don’t understand why they have problems with WHAT WE BElLIEVE..They live their lives they way they choose….

46. Randy says:

For the doubters out there that have commented in this blog, I sense fear in your words because deep down, you know Jesus will have the last say so when you die. Jesus is not to be feared but loved. Don’t be afraid of Tim Tebow’s words because of his commitment to Jesus. Embrace the teachings of Jesus. It’s the lack of faith, the doubt, the garbage you see on TV, the internet, and from Hollywood, and the liberals plan to destroy the family is what’s wrong with this world and America.

47. jassensmoot says:

lol, how is posing for cameras a form of humbling yourself??? I don’t get the logic.
    “One of the reasons I get on a knee is because that’s a form of humbling yourself,” Tebow explained. “I want to humble myself before the Lord and say thank you for this opportunity. Thank you for letting me play the game I love.” I guess god watches the same channel you all watch right after church…

48. jassensmoot says:

tebow says “One of the reasons I get on a knee is because that’s a form of humbling yourself” How can posing for a camera be a form of humbling yourself?? I’m having trouble with the logic… someone please. help…

49. cuda1234 says:

Another event where the humble one talks about himself and and how great he is? What a surprise! The guy’s never met a camera he could resist.

50. wayne says:

Whats the matter with this country is they need a strong Jesus foundation that is missing. Mention the name of Jesus and people get offended, no body wants to step on any bodies toes, You better be thankful that god has blessed the country as much as he has. Tebow is definately on the right track, god can really use him. Let him draw a big crowd, that is fantistic- the more the better, God Bless

51. games land says:

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve be mindful your stuff prior to and you are simply too fantastic. I really like what you’ve bought here, really like what you’re stating and the way by which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great site.

52. Mobile phone signal boosters says:

Usually I don’t learn article on blogs, however I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice article.