Clark County is swearing in a new district attorney the same day an effort gets under way to fill the Las Vegas City Council seat he left. Steve Wolfson will be the new D.A. following his recent appointment by the Clark County Commission. Wolfson is a former county and federal prosecutor who’s been in private practice in Las Vegas since 1987. He’s married to Jackie Glass, the former Clark County District Court judge who sentenced O.J. Simpson to prison. He’ll serve the three remaining years of retired District Attorney David Roger’s term. Roger retired Jan. 3 after nine years as DA. A special election will be held March 20 to replace Wolfson on the City Council. Candidates can file campaign paperwork Tuesday and Wednesday.
Wolfson Begins New Job As D.A.
February 21, 2012 1:52 PM
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... CBS Radio Golf Classic
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)