No Major Damage In Vegas Thanksgiving Dinner Fires
AS VEGAS (AP) — Las Vegas firefighters say they responded to seven cooking fires on Thanksgiving, but none were major and most of the families were able to finish making dinner.
Officials say four of the fires involved people putting plastic kitchen utensils in the oven. Two came from pots on stovetops, and one involved a towel catching fire on a stove.
Nobody was displaced in the kitchen fires, and no injuries were reported.
Aside from the cooking fires, crews say they responded to one house fire from unattended candles that were left burning.
Another Thanksgiving fire caused $20,000 in damage to a vacant house in northwest Las Vegas. Investigators are calling it arson.