Listen Online - Listen on Mobile | Mobile App Info

Burning Issue: Did Palin Desecrate The Flag?

sarah palin 3 Burning Issue: Did Palin Desecrate The Flag?

Did the former Alaska Governor committ and act of desecration by signing an American flag at a recent Tea Party Express rally in Reno?

1. the electrician says:

we as conservatives stand for freedom, and do respect the flag more so than the i feel sarah gets a pass on this one because in iraq we all signed a flag that flew over our camp in iraq and presented it to one of our brothers in arms who was wounded and sent home, sarah we love you and godbless…

2. Joseph Tatner says:

I would never sign our flag because it is against proper flag etiquette, but she was clearly distracted and didn’t seem to know what she was signing…hats, signs, books, flags as she was defending us all against ridiculous charges like racism (so much for “impartial” journalism). Come on! NO ONE can accuse Sarah Palin of hating America or disrespecting the flag! Democrats who have no problem BURNING the flag are the ones who will try to make a big deal of this. The flag was probably made in China — is it disrespectful to buy an American flag made in China? It was indeed against protocol, but that is not necessarily “disrespect.”

3. Joanna says:

I agree with Joe this morning as a nation we have become way to relaxed with how the flag is handled. I think it was wrong and I hope she doesn’t do it again.
    We all need to go back, respect the flag and follow the guidelines of how the flag of USA (the greatest country in the world) is handled.
    Thank you!

4. Thomas Adam says:

you sound so desperate when this is your issue. Nevad 14 + % unemployment, but the wizard, behind the curtain, wants us to pay attention to the lady signing the flag.

5. Steve K says:

When I was in Vietnam in 1967, I asked the State of California for a CA state flag which I could fly over my hootch. I was proud to receive a CA flag that flew over the Sacamento capitol dome autographed by then-Governor Ronald Reagan!
    Come on people! Focus. And don’t forget to vote!

6. Jerry says:

So she autographed an american that a lot of people will try an make a big issue out of it because she’s Sarah Palin. But when protestors hold up foreign flags while burning an american flag on american soil no one is willing to make a big issue out of it. But as usual thats haw it goes when in politics.

7. Pete says:

Our government is desecrating our country and we are worried about a signature by a patriot on our flag?
    Give me a break!

8. Tom says:

I’m surprised this question is being asked here. I would expect it to come from a lefty org such as MSNBC or the likes. Sarah is a total patriot, we love her, and if she did anything that may be incorrect like this, I would definitely give her a pass. No one loves America more than Sarah.

9. ClassicFilm says:

No one from the left gets bent out of shape when illegal alien supporters deliberately desecrate the American flag at protests, or when Code Pink expresses hate at our military and their families in addition to doing disgusting things to the flag.

Am I OK with Palin autographing a flag for a patriot? Yes, I am indeed – flag burning is not against the law, so flag signing should not be an issue. The only ones who will make this an issue are disingenuous statists, not because they actually care about the flag (are they decrying Code Pink or La Raza types? Didn’t think so), but because it gives them one more rock to throw at Palin.

To Steve K – how very COOL to have a flag signed by The Gipper. Color me envious!

10. jeanne021556 says:

For someone that always refers to the “Constitution” in her speaches, yet she can’t tell you who the founding fathers were, now she signs the flag, while caught up in her own glory. The Flag Code. Subsection 8, part (g) reads: “The flag should never have placed upon it nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.”

Oh golly she is so patriotic that certainly the law can be bent for Sarah…