Listen Online - Listen on Mobile | Mobile App Info

Las Vegas Courthouse Receives Bomb Threat

 good gavel Las Vegas Courthouse Receives Bomb Threat

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Local and state courts were closed and a regional courthouse in downtown Las Vegas was locked down while police and court officers investigated a telephone bomb threat.

Court marshal Lt. George Glasper announced to hundreds of people Wednesday outside the Regional Justice Center that officials were conducting a safety sweep of the 17-story building.

Glasper said a bomb call came in about 7:15 a.m. He didn’t provide details.

Las Vegas police Officer Marcus Martin says a man telephoned 911 and said an explosive device had been smuggled into the courthouse during the last 10 days.

Martin says the man hung up without giving his name.

Attorneys, jurors and visitors were prevented from entering, and Glasper said court employees and judges were locked in courtrooms during the search.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Get Started
Introducing Your New Podcast Network

Listen Live