By Ryan Mayer

The Conor McGregor vs UFC saga continues. Earlier this morning the see-saw seemingly tipped back towards the star’s return when McGregor tweeted from his account that he was back on the UFC 200 card, along with a shoutout to UFC president Dana White and Chairman & CEO Lorenzo Fertitta.

However, since that tweet was sent out, White has spoken to a couple of outlets saying that isn’t the case and that the fight is still off. One of those outlets, The Los Angeles Times spoke with White via text message:

“But White told the Los Angeles Times in a text message that a deal for a return is “not true. We haven’t talked [to] Conor or his manager since the press conference. I don’t know why he would tweet that.”

During the news conference for the fight on Friday, White told reporters that he would be assigning a new opponent for Diaz to fight at UFC 200.

So, it seems that UFC fans will continue to ride the rollercoaster of emotions that was started by McGregor’s tweeted retirement last week. As to why McGregor would send that tweet this morning, fans can only speculate and wonder.

Ryan Mayer is an Associate Producer for CBS Local Sports. Ryan lives in NY but comes from Philly and life as a Philly sports fan has made him cynical. Anywhere sports are being discussed, that’s where you’ll find him.