Double Helix Wine & Whiskey Lounge
6599 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Suite 150B
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Jessica Fesler is the lead mixologist at Double Helix Wine & Whiskey Lounge in Town Square. A member of the hospitality industry for over a decade, Fesler has developed a passion for whiskey and the art of mixology and established herself as a feature attraction at Double Helix. In the competition circuit, she has claimed multiple titles such as Nevada State Champion in the 2011 Woodford Reserve Manhattan competition, and was the recipient of the award for “Best Garnish” in the 2012 Battle of the Mixologists. Fesler grew up in Colorado Springs, Colo., and has been a resident of Las Vegas for eight years.
Double Helix features a full bar that offers over 40 unique wines by the glass, 100 whiskey labels, sampler flights and Double Helix’s signature cocktails. There is the Liquid Brunch featuring breakfast items, small plates and all-you-can-drink Bloody Marys or Mimosas. The pet-friendly and cigar-friendly patio includes a fire pit and the ultra-comfortable lounge-style furniture is perfect to hang out.
This crisp, refreshing drink is perfect for spring. Simple syrup replaces vermouth for a slightly sweet variation. Think of drinking this cocktail as finding new ways to incorporate vegetables for the evening.
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 1/2 ounces Hendricks gin
- Cucumbers sliced
- Basil leaves
- Muddle cucumbers (leave one) and basil leaves.
- Shake and double strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Cut into the cucumber and garnish as a cucumber wheel or float a slice of cucumber.
Related: Top Latin Dance Clubs In Las Vegas
After a long day at work, this martini kicks it up using a liqueur made with the fragrant elderflower blossoms. An homage to fresh flowers, this tangy and sweet cocktail will begin the perfect evening.
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce St. Germaine (elderflower liqueur)
- 2 ounces Dewars white label
- Shake and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
This is a twist on the Boulevardier cocktail with the gin replaced by rye whiskey. Campari is a liqueur, considered an apéritif, blended with the infusion of herbs and fruit in alcohol and water. James Bond would approve and it might become his favorite drink as it is stirred, not shaken.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce Antica Carpano Vermouth
- 1 ounce Bulliet Rye
- Stir and strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with a flamed orange zest.