Tale of the tape
Week 3: Arizona Cardinals Vs. Philadelphia Eagles
|The Cardinals earned full marks for having the moxie to travel to Foxboro and come up with a victory in what may be the toughest place for any visitor to play. Kevin Kolb is a much-maligned quarterback but he has led the Cardinals to wins in their first two games and he is playing for respect.||Quarterback||Michael Vick has not been shy at the start of the season. The Eagles are 2-0 with a pair of one-point victories over the Browns and Ravens. Beating Baltimore showed the Eagles great heart. Vick threw for 371 yards and a touchdown. He also threw two picks, and has six for the young season.|
|The Cardinals have perhaps the No. 2 wide receiver in the NFL. Larry Fitzgerald is fast, explosive, runs great routes and is dependable. Beanie Wells is not a star but he is a dependable running back. Todd Heap is the Cardinals’ go-to guy on third-and short.||Offense||The Eagles have a slew of great offensive weapons on their side. The best may be running back LeSean McCoy who can run inside, outside and catch passes. The Eagles wideouts can go downfield and get it while tight end Brent Celek is dependable and athletic.|
|Defensive end Calais Campbell may be the most underrated player in football. He is a superstar who registered two sacks of Tom Brady and he must be accounted for on every play. Linebacker Darryl Washington is a tackling machine (13 stops vs. New England).||Defense||The Eagles struggled to contain the Baltimore offense, but they did keep battling for 60 minutes. Free safety Nate Allen is an instinctive player and a good tackler. Linebacker DeMeco Ryans is the heart and soul of the Philadelphia defense.|
|The Cardinals were beneficiaries of a gaffe by New England placekicker Stephen Gostkowski. Could Campbell’s reputation as a kick blocker have led to the shank? Patrick Peterson and LaRod Stephens-Howling are always threats to break big returns.||Special Teams||The Eagles are ordinary at special teams play. Alex Henery is decent but should the Eagles really have let David Akers go a couple of years ago? Chas Henry was quite ordinary against the Ravens, averaging 39.2 yards per punt.|
We'll just call it a tie
More Tales of the tape
NCAA Championship Game: #1 Louisville Vs. #4 Michigan
Rick Pitino has been here before, after making his 7th Final Four appearance, he’s now in his third go-round in the title game. He’s got plenty of experience on the big stage and he has the Cardinals playing high level basketball at the right time.
Super Bowl Halftime Show Vs. Neil Diamond: Who Takes The Trophy For Better Entertainment?
For years, both Neil Diamond and the Super Bowl Halftime show have been giving us, let’s say, mild overproduction (read: glitzy, flashy, and potentially unnecessary). So who’s got the edge between these two cheesy industry mainstays?
Harbaughs Vs. Baldwins: Which Pair Of Siblings Stand Out?
Harbaughs vs. Baldwins? Wow. What a battle! Let’s dig deep to see which pair of brothers has the upper hand.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... CBS Radio Golf Classic
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)