Tale Of The Tape: NHL Playoffs Vs. NBA Playoffs
- TrophyLord Stanley’s Cup, AKA The Holy Grail. It is legendary. There is only one passed on every year from team to team. Players can drink out of it and christen their children in it.The Larry O’Brien Championship Trophy: It’s really shiny.
- Star PowerAlex O… Alex Ovech… how do you pronounce that? Oh, his team his out? Wait, does Wayne Gretzky still play?LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Chris Bosh, Steph Curry, Carmelo Anthony, Tony Parker, Dwyane Wade… Need we go on?
- Television CoverageSaturday afternoon gamesCharles Barkley
- Excitement LevelSo far this playoff season there have been 19 OT Games, 6 game 7s And 6 of the past 12 Stanley Cup Finals have been decided by a 7th game. Did we mention OT’s are sudden death? The drama doesn’t get any more heart pounding than that. Plus, well, fighting.The Miami Heat Vs. The Brooklyn Nets
- Final MinuteMay include one goalie tearing off the ice as the other works furiously to defend his charge as his teammates are outmanned. It’s the fastest most furiously played 60 seconds of the game.Takes a half-hour to finish and features superstars flopping and fouling to get the calls they want.
Despite the intimacy you may have with the most popular NBA players both on and off the court thanks to the lack of helmets and infinitely better television coverage – the NHL Playoffs are much more exciting and intense to watch; fast-paced, fisticuffs and final death. Plus, there’s no toothless champagne drinking out of the Larry O’Brien trophy.