Gamblers who prefer their laptops to blackjack tables could be getting a boost from Washington.
The opening event of the World Series of Poker has set a new record for a live buy-in tournament.
Poker devotees will soon be able to skip the smoky casino and legally gamble their dollars away on the couch — at least in the state of Nevada.
Senator Harry Reid says the opposition is to blame for blocking passage of a bill to legalize online poker.
The poker room at Aliante Casino and Hotel is no more.
A 24-year-old Maryland poker professional has won the World Series of Poker main event, lasting roughly 12 hours in a marathon card session to push past his last opponents for the $8.53 million title.
Nevada gambling regulators have approved three companies’ plans to participate in Internet poker sites accessible only within state boundaries, although the sites themselves have a few hurdles to clear.
A southwest Las Vegas casino could be the first to operate an online poker site within Nevada’s borders.
A divorce case involving poker pro Phil Ivey has the Nevada Supreme Court considering whether judges should sit out cases involving people from whom they’ve accepted campaign contributions.
Organizers say the 2012 World Series of Poker attracted almost 6,600 entries for the marquee Main Event tournament in Las Vegas. That means the winner of the $10,000 buy-in No-Limit Hold’em World Championship will take home about $8.5 million.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Most Romantic US Honeymoon... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas Baseball Shots Of The Week –... CBS Radio Golf Classic
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)