The Department of Energy hopes to identify a permanent location by the year 2026, and have the burial site open in 2048.
A federal appeals court ruling could renew debate on the Yucca Mountain nuclear repository.
(Las Vegas, NV) – A federal appeals court could decide if the federal government should restart the licensing process for Nevada’s Yucca Mountain nuclear repository. A three-judge panel heard arguments from South Carolina and Washington […]
A blue-ribbon commission appointed by President Obama will recommend a site other than Yucca Mountain for storing nuclear waste.
The Obama Administration’s efforts to end the Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository hit a snag this weekend with passage of the 2011 spending bill by the U.S. House.
The on-again, off-again Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository will have another day in court soon. Could it’s full potential finally be reached?
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)