Steven Brooks is making a last-ditch effort to save his seat in the Nevada Assembly.
A lawmaker who has been arrested twice in two months, hospitalized for a mental evaluation and accused of threatening to harm a Democratic Party leader could become the first person in Nevada history to be kicked out of the Legislature.
An initiative to tax Nevada businesses that gross $1 million a year received its first hearing Tuesday in Carson City.
Republican Assemblyman Jim Wheeler doesn’t take kindly to the words of Vice-President Joe Biden.
The Assembly and Senate taxation committee will hold a joint hearing on the margins tax proposal Tuesday.
Republican lawmakers want to close a loophole in Nevada law that allows some former elected officials to keep campaign cash.
Democrats in the Nevada Legislature are touting an ambitious package of K-12 education.
State Senator Tick Segerblom, D-Las Vegas, has announced legislation that would authorize medical marijuana dispensaries in the state.
The Democratic Senate Majority Leader will speak to a joint session of the state Senate and Assembly at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Before the 77th session of the Nevada Legislature began, members of the Democratic Party vowed to be transparent while relaying their legislation to the public.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars NBA Team Recap – April 15,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)