A debate over education funding turned bitter on the Nevada Senate floor when Democrats accused Republicans of not wanting to compromise on taxes and the GOP minority leader chastised the majority for failed leadership.
Senate Majority Leader Mo Denis says Democrats are putting the final touches on their plan to tweak Nevada’s tax structure to bring in more money for education and other services.
A debate over whether buying suits and work attire is proper use of campaign funds threatened to derail a campaign reform bill before it was finally passed by the Nevada Senate.
Nevada teachers could be reimbursed up to $100 a year for school supplies they purchase for their students under a bill introduced in the Nevada Senate.
A group of Republican women are blasting party leaders for sidelining the only female in the state Senate.
New leaders have been chosen for the 2013 Legislature.
A state lawmaker wants to spend $20 million for English language programs in Clark County schools.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)