The Hurricanes have had a dream season, but Marquette is the toughest team in college basketball. That’s just one of four great matchups.
Oklahoma State had a terrific season, but got by far the toughest draw out of any five-seed in the bracket. Keep an eye on Oregon.
It’s a rarity at this level, in any sport, for a head coach to have had no playing experience in college. It hasn’t prevented Williams from guiding Marquette to the Sweet 16 the last two seasons and a 60-30 regular season record in the Big East.
The death of the Big East as we know it hit home last week as 14 teams arrived at the World’s Most Famous Arena (Connecticut was ineligible). Next season, the “Catholic 7” will be reportedly joined by Butler, Creighton, and Xavier in a basketball-only conference that has paid to keep the Big East name.
The Big East tournament will have a touch of a wake to it this week. When games end, there will be plenty of reminiscing about rivalries and talk of what is to come.
Reggie Smith, a 6-foot, 175-pound guard from Chicago, has transferred from Marquette to UNLV.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Unique Sunglasses For Summer Autos Quiz: Name That Car Logo Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Father's Day Gift Ideas
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... CBS Radio Golf Classic Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Memorial Day Gallery
- Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows
- Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)