Lighter Side Of Taxes
The odds of an audit can increase substantially depending on your income, types of income, deduction amount and changes you have made since filing your last tax return.
The Internal Revenue Service has a message for taxpayers eager to learn the status of their tax refund: Please don’t check the IRS website every five minutes — once a day is enough.
Experts recommend using some type of guidance to navigate forms and maximize your returns.
The IRS expects that 75 percent of all 2012 returns will be entitled to a refund, so if you haven’t started preparing your taxes yet, do it: There’s no reason to wait for April 15 to roll around to get that money back from Uncle Sam.
So you’ve prepared your tax return and found that you owe. What should you do if you can’t pay?
Millions of people are getting a jump on filing their tax returns now that they have received their W-2s and 1099 forms. And for most, the incentive to get moving is to get that tax refund in their bank account as soon as possible.
There are lots of websites and software available, but you may not have thought of smartphone apps for doing your taxes.
For easy filing this year download all your Federal Tax Forms from our one-stop shop.
Not going to make the April 17 deadline for filing your taxes? Better let the IRS know… right now. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
Are you procrastinating with your taxes? Here are some tips to help you get things done sooner than later.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)