An Assembly panel has approved a bill to ban drivers from texting or chatting on cell phones.
Several Las Vegas high school students have urged lawmakers to approve a state lottery.
Lifting a constitutional ban in Nevada on a state lottery will be discussed during a legislative hearing.
A battle is brewing in the Legislature over taxes.
Governor Brian Sandoval has delivered an Executive Budget amendment to the legislature that increases the state’s revenue projection.
Nevada lawmakers today discuss a bill to allow the Silver State to take the lead on regulating the multibillion-dollar Internet poker industry.
Governor Brian Sandoval has threatened to veto a bill that would allow Nevada school districts to use money from a reserve account to build and renovate campuses.
The Senate Transportation Committee is considering a measure that would allow law enforcement officers to stop a driver if someone in the vehicle is not buckled up.
Unclaimed winnings from cashless slot machines could go to the state, under a bill introduced in the Legislature.
Yesterday was the last day for lawmakers to introduce their own bills in the Legislature.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th...
- Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars NBA Team Recap – April 15,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)