Nearly 25,000 Nevadans are being notified that their jobless benefits will be cut off after this week unless Congress acts by Tuesday to extend federal emergency unemployment compensation.
Thousands of Nevadans will lose jobless benefits at the end of the year unless Congress votes to extend federal assistance.
The wife of Congressman Joe Heck collected unemployment after her husband was elected to the House.
Officials announced Monday that the unemployment rate is low enough that Nevada is no longer eligible to pay State Extended Benefits, which assist 5,500 Nevadans who have exhausted other jobless benefits.
A key Senate Republican indicated he would support extending jobless benefits in exchange for extending all the Bush-era tax cuts.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)