The Assembly and Senate taxation committee will hold a joint hearing on the margins tax proposal Tuesday.
Republican leadership in the Nevada Senate wants to reform the state’s mining tax laws as an alternative to the teachers’ tax initiative that will appear on the 2014 ballot.
When lawmakers and Gov. Brian Sandoval touted a package of education overhauls two years ago that were set to change the face of education in Nevada, they expected the key piece of the project — a high-stakes teacher evaluation — to be ready to go this year.
Democrats in the Nevada Legislature are touting an ambitious package of K-12 education.
House lawmakers are reviewing the legality of solitary confinement rooms for school children.
In recognition of Black History Month, Clark County Commissioner Lawrence Weekly put together his Twelfth Annual African American Youth Leadership Summit.
Sheldon and Miriam Adelson have made a $50 million dollar donation to the Adelson Educational Campus.
Being a finalist is normally a good thing. Not so for turnaround schools.
The federal government reports that Arizona’s graduation rate for the 2009-2010 was 74.7 percent. That’s below the national average of 78.2 percent.
The Clark County School District has had tens of millions of dollars slashed from its budget in recent years.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Memorial Day Gallery Namaste: Yoga Poses For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Dishes
- CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Summer Festivals and...
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine Celebrities With Asthma
- Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,...
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (214)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)