Metro Police say a patrol officer fired seven shots with a military-style AR-15 assault rifle into a car during a fatal standoff with an unarmed Gulf War veteran.
The top law enforcement official in Las Vegas is endorsing a Justice Department probe of police practices days after officers fatally shot a troubled and unarmed Gulf War veteran.
Bagpipers lead the march into a special memorial service on the grounds of the Metro Police Academy. A special honor guard from most all area law enforcement agencies and fire services also took part.
A lawsuit against Metro Police for a deadly shooting is expected to be filed today.
Sheriff Doug Gillespie is defending a $1.5 million settlement for a man who was wrongly convicted of robbery and kidnaping.
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Federal and local police officials in southern Nevada say they’re making a dent in neighborhood crime by working together. Henderson police Chief Jutta (YOU’-tah) Chambers said Tuesday that if criminals don’t care […]
Metro’s Fiscal Affairs Committee has voted to use a reserve fund for part of the police department’s new budget.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine
- Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars NBA Team Recap – April 15,... Bombing At Boston Marathon
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)