A lawmaker who has been arrested twice in two months, hospitalized for a mental evaluation and accused of threatening to harm a Democratic Party leader could become the first person in Nevada history to be kicked out of the Legislature.
Assemblyman Steven Brooks is no longer a member of the Democratic caucus.
Nearly 1.3 million Nevadans are registered as active voters.
Senator Harry Reid says the opposition is to blame for blocking passage of a bill to legalize online poker.
More than 700,000 Nevadans cast ballots during early voting in advance of Tuesday’s general election, with nearly 50,000 more Democrats voting than Republicans.
Nearly half of all registered Nevada voters have cast early ballots. The secretary of state’s office says 46% have either voted early or sent in absentee ballots.
The Republican National Committee claims there are problems with voting machines in Nevada and five other swing states.
Republicans are closing the gap with Democrats in early voting. The secretary of state’s office says 42% of Nevada’s registered voters have cast early ballots as of yesterday morning.
Republicans and Democrats are making a furious push to turn out voters in Nevada, home to a stalemated Senate race and a furious contest between President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney.
More Nevadans are taking advantage of early voting, and the trend seems to be helping both Democrats and Republicans.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
- Best Summer Dishes CBS 2013-2014 Prime Time Shows Flash Forward: Concept Cars... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- Best Summer Festivals and... Baseball Shots Of The Week –... The Animal Foundation’s 10th... Best Mexican Cuisine
- Celebrities With Asthma Baseball Shots Of The Week –... Best Wedding Dress Styles For... Baseball Shots Of The Week –...
- NBA Cheerleaders – April 19,... Famous Fans of Star Wars NBA Team Recap – April 15,... Bombing At Boston Marathon
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)