Investigators say a landing gear collapsed on a twin-engine Piper Aerostar airplane that crashed and burned this month at North Las Vegas Airport.
Federal safety regulators are focusing on loose screws in the tail of World War II-era plane modified to race faster than 500 mph as a likely cause of the crash that killed the pilot and 10 others during air races in Nevadalast year.
A Nellis Air Force Base pilot blacked out before a deadly crash in the Nevada desert earlier this year.
Northern Nevadans are taking a breath a week after a plane crash killed a pilot and 10 spectators at the national air races in Reno.
Federal investigators are looking at evidence that a piece fell off a modified World War II-era airplane before it crashed into spectators during air races in Reno last week.
Latest Videos from KXNT
CBS Las Vegas on Twitter
Most Commented on KXNT
- Controversial Artist Depicts Obama Trampling The Constitution (1226)
- Utah School Board Says Cougar Mascot Too Offensive To Women (478)
- Researchers Claim Sex Robots Will Be Future Of Sex Tourism (226)
- Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees (213)
- Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral (191)