Health Topic Center
CBS Las Vegas Health News
- Study: Junk Food Can Cause Laziness According to a recent study, not only does eating too much junk food lead to obesity, it can also make you mentally slower or less motivated.
- Man Receives Medicaid Cards Despite Never Completing Obamacare Enrollment A Nevada resident mistakenly received multiple Medicaid cards for himself and his son months after his information was automatically forwarded to state welfare services through the Nevada Health Link website – a mistake made worse because he never...
- Nevada Medicaid Rolls Up Sharply Over half of new Medicaid recipients in Nevada have come on to the rolls under the Affordable Care Act
- Lawsuit Filed Against Nevada Health Exchange Just days after the deadline to enroll for insurance coverage through Nevada Health Link, the first class-action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of residents who say they signed up and paid their premiums – but were never given coverage.
- State Tackles Mental Health Problem State officials believe they have a plan to deal with recent problems mental health patients are causing for local hospitals.
- The Biggest Pregnancy Myths Debunked by Expert Linda Geddes Simon & Schuster author Linda Geddes explores and debunks common baby and pregnancy myths here.
- Trail Begins For Diabetes Drug Maker Two Las Vegas Valley women in their 80's allege the maker, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, failed to highlight the risk of bladder cancer.
- Nevada Among Least Obese States A new Gallup Well-Being poll takes a look at obesity rates in all 50 states.
- Utah And Colorado Moving To Raise Smoking Age To 21 Lawmakers in both states approved proposals to treat tobacco like alcohol.
- Experts Increasingly Contemplate End Of Smoking A growing number of experts believe the most promising option is to get people to switch to electronic cigarettes.