Health Topic Center
CBS Las Vegas Health News
- CDC: US Children Consume Too Much Salt According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 90 percent of children in the U.S. aged 6 -18 have too much salt in their diet.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Expert: Is a Low-Carb Diet Better Than a Low-Fat Diet? A new study finds the best diet for weight loss and heart health may be a low-carb diet.
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More Could action-packed TV fare make you fat? That's the implication of a new study that found people snacked more watching fast-paced television than viewing a more leisurely paced talk show.
- Study Shows Treatment In Infants Reduces Symptoms Of Autism There is new hope in the fight against autism and it starts before a child is even diagnosed.
- Study: Viruses In Offices Spread Everywhere Within Hours According to a new study, viruses can spread through an office within hours.
- Study: Potassium Can Help Prevent Strokes A new report in the journal 'Stroke' says there could be advantages to having potassium in the body.
- 'Infant Cocooning' Becoming More Popular Among New Parents The idea is to immunize everyone who comes into contact with the baby.
- Study: Any Diet Works If People Stick To It Willpower is the key to weight loss, say researchers.
- Study Says Home-Packed Lunches Less Nutritious Than School-Made Meals A new study finds that what parents pack from home is often much worse than what's offered at school.