Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Candle Starts Fire In Northwest Vegas Home

LAS VEGAS (KXNT) – A candle is being blamed for starting a fire at a northwest Las Vegas, causing $20,000 worth of damage.

Las Vegas firefighters responded to 4871 Reiter Avenue, that’s near Smoke Ranch and Decatur, around 7:36 a.m. Tuesday. 911 dispatchers received a number of calls that a garage was on fire in a home.

When fire crews arrived, heavy smoke was showing from the garage of a one story wood frame house. Firefighters began to cut the garage door away to gain entry, but when they cut the door down, the found even more difficult taks, with a wall blocking their entrance.

The garage was converted into a multipurpose room. Firefighters had to get into the house through a large window on the side of the house.

The fire was confined to the converted room. Damage was estimated at $20,000.

The cause appears to be from a candle that was left burning in the room unattended.

There were no injuries.

More from Fred Halstied
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it
New CBS Local Sports

Listen Live