Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Baby Burned in Las Vegas Kitchen Fire

LAS VEGAS (KXNT) — A baby suffered facial burns after a kitchen fire that nearly consumed a northwest Las Vegas home Wednesday, according to fire officials.

Firefighters were called out to the home on the 7100 block of Dalegrove Drive just after 1:30 p.m. Wednesday following a call reporting a fire in the kitchen, Las Vegas Fire and Rescue public information officer Tim Szymanski said.

By the time crews arrived moments later, heavy flames and a thick column of smoke had already blown out windows in the one-story home. Firefighters entered and extinguished the flames, which gutted the kitchen and living room while causing extensive heavy heat and smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.

A grandmother and two young children were at home at the time of the fire. The children’s father arrived just as the fire began and got everyone out of the house.

An infant was treated for a number of burns to the face and was transported to University Medical Center for treatment. No one else was injured, although one of the family’s pets died from smoke inhalation.

Investigators determined grease cooking on the kitchen stove appears to have sparked the blaze.

The family of three adults and two children were displaced by the fire. Damage was estimated at about $80,000.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Las Vegas

Introducing Your New Podcast Network Play.it
New CBS Local Sports

Listen Live