Listen Online - Listen on Mobile Radio.com | Mobile App Info

Henderson Wood-Burning Stove Causes Fire; Two Displaced

HENDERSON, Nev. (AP) — Authorities say a wood-burning stove is to blame for a chimney fire that displaced two people in Henderson on Saturday.

The fire department responded to the home on the 1000 block of San Gabriel Avenue near Interstate 515 and College Drive around 10 p.m. on Saturday and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the roof of a two-story house.

Two people who live in the home smelled smoke and evacuated. They weren’t injured but are now displaced.

Officials say the cause of the fire was accidental and cased about $245,000 in damage.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Listen Live