NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nev. (AP) — North Las Vegas police aren’t sure whether a homicide suspect who escaped from police custody last week is still in southern Nevada.
Officer Aaron Patty said Tuesday that investigators don’t know if Alonso Perez got another vehicle or is being helped by others since fleeing Friday from a police detective bureau.
The 25-year-old Perez also uses the name Alfonso Perez.
He’d been arrested for questioning in the Aug. 27 slaying of a 31-year-old man outside a McDonald’s restaurant.
Witnesses say the shooting followed an argument about holding a door open for a woman.
Patty says Perez was alone in a police interview room and broke his handcuffs and stole a Ford F-250 work truck to escape.
The vehicle was later found in a neighborhood east of downtown Las Vegas.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.