Firefighter Recruitment Drive
(Las Vegas, NV) — Five local governments are launching an interagency regional recruitment drive for citizens interested in becoming firefighters with their area fire departments.
The partners in this first-of-its kind regional recruitment drive include the Las Vegas Fire and Rescue Department, Clark County’s Fire Department, and the North Las Vegas, Henderson and Boulder City Fire Departments. Job seekers interested in a fire service career with one of the participating agencies can visit www.snvfirerecruitment.com to learn more about the recruitment effort and apply for jobs.
Applications will be accepted online only through the website beginning Monday, Oct. 27, through Wednesday, Nov. 26. The city of Las Vegas is hosting the website and will forward applications to partnering agencies. The candidates who successfully complete the application and testing process, will be forwarded to fire departments for consideration as openings occur within their departments for the next year.
Regional Outreach Events
· Monday, Aug. 25, 1-3 p.m., Clark County Government Center Commission Chambers at 500 S. Grand Central Pkwy. in downtown Las Vegas. The session will be recorded for playback and viewing on the http://www.snvfirerecruitment.com website. The session also can be viewed live as it occurs on the agenda page of Clark County’s website at http://www.ClarkCountyNV.gov.
· Wednesday, Sept. 17, 1-3 p.m., College of Southern Nevada Cheyenne campus auditorium at 3200 East Cheyenne Ave., North Las Vegas
· Tuesday, Oct. 14, 6-8 p.m., North Las Vegas City Hall, 2250 N. Las Vegas Blvd.
Local/Neighborhood Outreach Sessions
· Thursday, Aug. 28, 1-3 p.m, Las Vegas City Hall Council Chambers, 495 S. Main St.
· Friday, Sept. 5, 2-4 p.m., Desert Breeze Recreation Center, 8275 W Spring Rd.
· Thursday, Sept. 18, 9-11 a.m., Las Vegas City Hall Council Chambers, 495 S. Main St.
· Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2-4 p.m., Hollywood Recreation Center, 1650 S. Hollywood Blvd.
· Wednesday, Oct. 8, 6-8 p.m., Las Vegas City Hall Council Chambers, 495 S. Main St.
· Friday, Oct. 17, 2:30-4:30 p.m., West Flamingo Senior Center, 6255 W. Flamingo Road
· Wednesday, Oct 29, 2-4 p.m., Sunset Park Office Conference Room, 2601 E Sunset Rd.
· Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2-4 p.m., Mountain Crest Park Center, 4701 N Durango
· Wednesday, Nov. 12, 2-4 p.m., Robert Bob Price Community Center, 2050 Bonnie Lane