SafeKey Jobs Need To Be Filled
(Las Vegas, NV) — The city of Las Vegas is looking for 75 individuals to work with elementary school students in the Safekey educational and recreational enrichment program. Positions average 19-25 hours per week with a pay range from $10-$12 per hour.
The Safekey program is a before- and after-school program that is offered at 68 Clark County School District elementary schools within the city of Las Vegas. The program provides a safe environment where children in kindergarten through 5th grade can receive homework assistance, have a nutritious afternoon snack and engage in lots of fun activities and games.
The program has undergone significant changes in recent years with a focus on healthy eating, exercise and reading. Positions available for the 2014-2015 school year include Safekey site assistant and Safekey site leader.
Some of the requirements are:
· Minimum 18 years of age
· High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· First Aid and CPR Certification at time of hire/reclassification
· Need to maintain the physical agility necessary to demonstrate and maintain sports, and other recreation games and activities, move and maintain equipment, and other physical activities as needed to provide safety, welfare and security
· Formal and informal education or training that ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance
· 6-12 months of experience working with children in a group setting.