LAS VEGAS (AP) — The 34-year-old son of a Nevada rancher who hosted armed protesters against federal agents in a cattle roundup dispute in April is facing arrest in a separate case stemming from his felony conviction on 2012 burglary and weapon charges.
Cliven Lance Bundy said Monday he knows he’s named in a contempt-of-court warrant issued July 8 for failing to appear before a Clark County District Court judge overseeing a drug diversion program in Las Vegas.
Lance Bundy tells The Associated Press he underwent surgery that same day in Henderson for a nerve pain condition.
He’s been recuperating since then at his parents’ home in Bunkerville, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.
Lance Bundy says he’s trying to get his program counselor to help him respond to the warrant.(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)