FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (CBS Las Vegas) — The phrase, “I’m watching what I eat,” may have a whole new meaning after a Burger King customer found a razor blade in her salad.

Jeta Cmuar, the cousin of the customer, told ABC15 that a razor blade was found in her cousin’s salad on June 11 at a Flagstaff Burger King off Milton Road.

“I think there should be an alert on this because someone could have been seriously hurt or even killed. I’m just so thankful that my family member wasn’t hurt,” she told ABC15.

Burger King has not taken the situation lightly, issuing a statement and reportedly firing the employee responsible for the incident.

In a statement released on Thursday by the fast-food franchise, food safety was said to be a top priority of the company.

“While this was an unintentional isolated incident, BKC finds this matter of extreme importance and is working with the franchisee, who independently owns and operates this restaurant, to reinforce our food preparation procedures and retrain staff,” the statement also stated.

There has been recent attention placed on food workers after millions have said to affected by the norovirus.

According to recent government reports, nearly 20 million people get sick every year from the virus and food workers are to blame.

Comments (2)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Listen Live