Health Department Talks Firefly
(Las Vegas, NV) — Firefly on Paradise Road had a salmonella outbreak last year. Hundreds were sickened. Since then, owners promised they have cleaned up their act.
This week, they announced the closing of their Henderson location in order to focus on their higher performing restaurants. This came after that location received 38 health violations.
Rose Henderson with the Southern Nevada Health District admits they cover a large area, which includes 19,000 permits. She says they have 46 staff members and 5 supervisors. She says it’s a lot of work, but they take food safety very seriously.
Henderson admits they pay more attention to Firefly because of the recent salmonella outbreak. She says they work with all restaurants to establish long term food safety plans. If they don’t follow the rules, they get will get a low grade.