Carbon Monoxide Sickened Bus Passengers
RENO, Nev. (AP) — The California Highway Patrol says a carbon monoxide leak on a tour bus headed for Reno apparently was to blame for an emergency stop in Bridgeport, Calif., after about a dozen passengers became ill.
CHP Lt. Commander Ron Cohan told the Reno Gazette-Journal on Monday (http://tinyurl.com/o99z2a4 ) that 13 of the more than 50 passengers were taken to the hospital for medical treatment.
The Amador Stage Lines bus left Long Beach bound for Reno Sunday morning.
Cohan says he’s glad the driver decided not to continue north on U.S. 395 through the Walker River Canyon because it would have filled with more carbon monoxide.
Ambulances took eight patients to a hospital in Mammoth Lakes, Calif., and five to a hospital in Gardnerville. Remaining passengers boarded another bus in Bridgeport for Reno.
Information from: Reno Gazette-Journal, http://www.rgj.com
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.